Sunday, August 20, 2006

HOME .. I HAVE NO HOME



It was just four days ago, on August 16th, that we commemorated the 50th anniversary of the death of Bela Lugosi. It was on August 16th, 1956 that Prince Sirki robbed us of one of the greatest boogey men ever known.

I would like to share this clip from Ed Wood's 1955 film Bride Of The Monster. It features one of the greatest Lugosi moments captured on film. Bela delivers this speech with such sincerity and conviction that it almost brings tears to not only Bela's eyes, but the viewers' eyes as well.

I don't think Bela had to do much acting, or even preparation for that matter, in delivering this wonderful speech. I have a strong feeling that these lines came very natural to him. With all the personal strife that Bela had endured in his later years, I'm sure it's safe to say that this dialogue hit pretty close to home .. "Home? I have no home".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

True.. This is the line I remember most (besides "Pull the string" from Glen or Glenda) and Bela had a great power and force as an actor

Magic stuff indeed

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home