Saturday, February 24, 2007

LET IT SNOW ALL-YETI

It's a very snowy day here in Minneapolis. The experts are calling for a total accumulation of 19" of new snow by Monday morning! Yippee!

Why not take a negative situation and turn it into a positive one by posting pics of a thematic monster on a snowy frontier? I'm talking about the 1962 Marx Abominable Snowman or officially known as the "Battery Operated Remote Control Yeti".

In all of my 20 years of plowing snow, I've yet to come across a Yeti roaming the streets in the middle of the night. In fact, in all of my years of collecting toys, I've yet to across a Yeti as a battery operated toy either. Those Yetis are just plain sneaky. Just as I am in sharing these pics that I stole from Ray's Gallery Of Monster Toys.



3 Comments:

Blogger Daveland said...

Thought you might enjoy this pic I just posted to my sight:
http://davelandweb.com/matterhorn/images/DSC_5276.jpg
Dave

10:31 AM  
Blogger Famous Monster of Mpls said...

Thanks Dave for sharing the pic! The Matterhorn Yeti is certainly a favorite of mine! By the way, I love your blogs! I'm always enjoying the wonderful pics that you post of the Happiest Place on Earth!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Famous Monster of Mpls: I have found the elusive Yeti from 1963 in it's original box even with it's original paper storybook in great condition and working order. I'm selling it if you have any monster fan interest, and I didn't even find it in a snowstorm.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home